A new dimension in optical performance.
Nikon is proud to announce the next generation of full-frame mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR lenses, built around an all-new mount system and mount adapter for compatibility with existing Nikon DSLR lenses.
The new system is the result of Nikon's unsurpassed optical and manufacturing capabilities gained through more than a century of imaging expertise.
Through the development of this new mirrorless camera, Nikon reaffirms their commitment to providing photographers with the ability to capture images that are richer and more vivd than ever before.
• Nikon is rumoured to target the Sony A7 III with their new mirrorless camera - if true, this will mean they will use a sensor in the 24MP range and a target price around $2,000.
• The new Nikon mirrorless camera(s) will have features/functions never introduced beforehand (not sure if this applies to Nikon, to mirrorless cameras or to the photo industry in general).
• The new camera(s) were designed with ergonomics in mind.
• Nikon is rumoured to be developing a large number of new mirrorless lenses including at least one new zoom lens that will have power zoom for video recording.
• The official announcement of the new Nikon mirrorless camera(s) will be August 23, 2018.